At a recent customer, we ran into an issue where a set of users were migrated from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. All of the users activesync worked without issue, but one user was unable to connect. No matter what we tried, he would get”unable to connect to server” on his phone. We checked the activesync logs, would see an initial connection but then nothing else.
So I opened Active Directory Users and Computers, selected View-Advanced Features:
Then I opened the user account, went to to the security tab->;Advanced:
Here, the “Include inheritable permissions from this objects parent” was UNCHECKED:
I checked this box, hit apply, and boom active sync started working. Since this account was not a domain admin and just a standard user account, this was unexpected.